Book a Manual Handling Course
NOTE: All Manual Handling courses must be booked & completed before Friday 16th August. Manual Handling courses will then resume mid September.
Book a Manual Handling Blended Training Course by clicking the blue box above (Please Note… This is not a people handling course and is not designed for people in the Healthcare Industry). This is a blended course and is a popular type of Manual Handling Training Course. It can be taken anytime and is provided on a one to one basis. It is delivered using the latest in Digital Technology.
To take part in this course you need the following –
- The use of a computer or modern mobile device
- A valid & working e-mail address,
- Good computer skills
- Good Internet access
This course comprises of two parts.
- Part one occurs online – the learner is shown correct and incorrect Manual Handling methods and goes into detail how people damage their backs and the best ways to avoid causing this damage.
- Part two consists of practical training & assessment which is usually provided on a one to one basis.
• Manual Handling Legislation (law) & the need for Risk Assessment
• Basic functions of the Spine and common type of injuries
• Examples of unsafe lifting (high risk) and how to avoid it
• Practical examples of safer (low risk) lifting methods.
• Reasons and various types of lifts to avoid and discussion on the MAC tool.
Once the online part of this course is fully completed, you will be required to demonstrate correct lifting techniques. This can be done in Killarney during normal Office hours. Successful candidates are awarded a 3-year Certificate. For admin purposes you MUST complete both parts of the course within 7 days of course purchase.