Safe Pass Course Dates Below
Killarney, Co Kerry & Ballyvourney, Co Cork
Other dates in Kerry include- Friday 13th March, Thursday 26th March & Saturday 6th April. These will appearing on the booking system soon.
To attend a Safe Pass course, course participants must reserve a place by booking & paying the course fees online and –
- be in the training room before 7.50am
- have a good understanding of English.
- arrive with 2 passport type photos (identical & recently taken)
- be over 16 years of age, must bring proof of date of birth
- hold an Irish PPS number
- have valid photo ID
- have a valid contact phone number
Please ensure you provide the correct contact phone number & correct e-mail address. Once the online booking is complete the automatic booking system sends out two e-mails to the e-mail address that was given when the course was booked. If you do not get any e-mail, check your spam mail. If you only get one e-mail, it means you did not complete the booking process correctly. Read the e-mail you received as it will explain the error. In the second e-mail you will be issued with a link to an invoice which will be marked paid. If you wish to make any changes to the invoice, just send us an e-mail with information about the required changes and somebody in the office, will sort it out. If you run into difficulties during the booking process, give us a call at ——
Construction workers in Ireland are required by Irish law to hold a VALID Solas Safe Pass Card. This Safe Pass card is certified by Solas and confirms that the holder has passed a basic safety awareness course. The holder should be aware of potential dangers that may arise when s/he engages in construction related tasks. Safe Pass cards are valid for 4 years. It is very important that the Safe Pass card is in date as the worker must be in possession of a valid safepass card.
Safe Pass training is one of many courses that are available to help employers provide a safe place of work. Follow up supervision in all workplaces is required. Follow up supervision confirms that what was learned during the training course is put into practice.
Good quality comfortable venues are selected for the delivery of these courses. Killarney & Listowel Kerry, Ballyvourney & Macroom Cork are ideal locations for Safe Pass courses. Keep an eye on the course dates (see above blue text) as Safe Pass courses are delivered in Ballyvourney which is near Macroom Co Cork. The venues selected are usually popular as parking is free and can be reached by people from all parts of Kerry, Cork, Clare and Limerick.
Safe Pass course contents (see below)
1. Construction Site safety – Introduction to site safety, Legislation and site safety, Site accident reporting.
2. Introduction to risk assessment.
3. Implementing risk assessment for electricity, excavations and heights.
4. Behaviour-Based Safety – Site safety and construction equipment, Site safety and construction vehicles
5. Personal safety – Personal health and welfare, Noise and vibration, Personal Protective Equipment.
REMINDER – to attend a Safe Pass Course you need to –
• Be at least 16 years of age
• Have an Irish PPS number
• Provide two passport type photos
• Have good English
• Bring VALID photo ID
The Kerry venue is a short journey for people living in Newmarket, Ballydesmond, Mallow, Macroom, Millstreet (Co Cork). Abbeyfeale, Newcastlewest, Adare (Co Limerick) are close by. Townlands in Kerry such as Tralee, Castleisland, Dingle and Listowel are also only a small drive away.