Solas Safe Pass Courses in
Killarney Racecourse, Ross Road, Killarney, Co Kerry.
Course times 7.45 am to 5 pm.
Saturday 30th October
Wednesday 3rd November
To attend, you must download a Commence Training form.
Commence Training form available here.
Email the fully completed form to this e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be in contact with you when we get the form.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all Safe Pass course bookings.
Applicant(s) for Safe Pass Training must not book unless they have returned a completed Commence Training Form to our office and fulfil the following requirements-
- must have an Irish PPS number
- must be at least 16 years of age
- must understand English (written & spoken)
- must have access to working e-mail.
On the morning of the course participant(s) must –
- be in the Training room no later than 7.45 am
- provide valid photo ID.
- provide proof of their Irish PPS number,
- provide 2 passport type photos
- supply a stamped addressed envelope. (Must be correctly addressed to where the card is to be posted to)
- bring and wear their own face covering while on the premises.
- All communications are by e-mail.
- Course times are 7.45 am to 5.00 pm.
- Due to infection controls Tea/Coffee/Lunch will not be provided.
- Safe Pass courses are subject to a minimum attendance of 8 people. This Course will be cancelled if less than 8 show up on the morning. If cancelled those present will receive a full refund of course fees. Losses/expenses because of cancellation will not be reimbursed.
- Safe Pass cards are posted, at your risk, by ordinary post in the envelope you provided. Delivery by, courier, or registered & insured post if required will cost extra and must be ordered by email prior to the day of the course. E-mail us in advance for details.
- If Participant(s)arrives late to the course, does not arrive to the course, has poor English, fails the test, the full course fee will apply.
- Click here to read our cancellation policy.
For your safety we will have strict Covid-19 precautions in place:
- Seamus O’Sullivan is a qualified Infection Control Instructor and will have very strict precautions in place to do his best to ensure the safety of all those attending the course.
- The Training room we will use is a very big room. It has lots of natural ventilation. Natural ventilation is strongly recommended by both the HSE and the WHO (World Health Organization ).
- The maximum number of people that will be allowed on the course will be 15.
- Each person will be allocated their own table and chair and will be kept at least 2 meters apart from each person. Tables will be wiped down 5 times during the day.
- While people are on the premises there will be no sharing of anything allowed , this will help to reduce the risk of spreading the virus by indirect contact.
- Several doors will be wedged back to avoid people having to handle door handles and latches. This is essential and good practice to help to reduce the risk of spreading the virus by indirect contact.
- Mask wearing will of course be compulsory, the mask/face covering must be the correct type of mask (3 ply masks are the best), face shields on their own are not acceptable. You can wear both a mask and a face shield if you wish.
- Given the current situation with Covid, we have decided that we will not serve Tea/Coffee/Breakfast/Lunch on the premises. We consider the risk of picking up the virus by indirect contact is just to high at present. Hopefully in a few months we will be able to reconsider this.
- For your own safety and the safety of your family, you are advised to bring your own refreshments with you and consume same in your car/van/outside area. You don’t want to pick up the virus from the handle of a milk jug etc.
- If you have concerns of any sort (no matter how small), or have any questions, or worries about the precautions we are taking because of Covid-19 or if you have any suggestions to give please send us an e-mail.