Safe Pass Training Course Dates
Saturday 12th February
Saturday 26th February
Killarney Racecourse, Ross Road, Killarney, Co Kerry
Course times 7.45am to 5pm
Cost €185 (when booked online)
Solas require each person attending a Safe Pass course to first fill in the Commence Training Form (see below).
You must then send a text to 0872765335 (include a contact e-mail address), we will (during normal working hours) review the form.
We will contact you by e-mail so you can book and pay for the specific course.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all Safe Pass course bookings.
Applicant(s) for Safe Pass Training must not book, or be booked onto a Solas Safe Pass course unless they have returned a completed Commence Training Form to our office. (This is a legal requirement) They must also fulfil the following requirements-
- must have an Irish PPS number (you must have a PPS number to work in Ireland)
- must be at least 16 years of age (no children all allowed work on construction)
- must understand English (written & spoken) (good English is required to take part in the course and to do the end of course test/exam.)
- must have access to working e-mail. (all communications are by e-mail)
On the morning of the course participant(s) must –
- be in the Training room no later than 7.45 am (we start early so that we can be finished for 5pm. If you arrive late you will not be allowed attend the course as we do not have the time to go back and repeat what you missed.)
- provide valid photo ID. (you must prove you are who you say you are)
- provide proof of their Irish PPS number,
- provide 2 passport type photos (they are required at 7.45am)
- supply a stamped addressed envelope. (Must be correctly addressed to where the card is to be posted to) (we will post out the card)
- bring and wear their own face covering while on the premises. (for the safety of everyone)
- All communications are by e-mail. (you must have and use email)
- Course times are 7.45 am to 5.00 pm. (these are the course times)
- Due to infection controls Tea/Coffee/Lunch will not be provided. (basic Covid controls)
- Safe Pass courses are subject to a minimum attendance of 8 people. This Course will be cancelled if less than 8 show up on the morning. If cancelled those present will receive a full refund of course fees. Losses/expenses because of cancellation will not be reimbursed.
- Safe Pass cards are posted, at your risk, by ordinary post in the envelope you provided. Delivery by, courier, or registered & insured post if required will cost extra and must be ordered by email prior to the day of the course. E-mail us in advance for details.
- If Participant(s)arrives late to the course, does not arrive to the course, has poor English, fails the test, the full course fee will apply.
- Click here to read our cancellation policy.
For your safety we have strict Covid-19 precautions in place:
- Seamus O’Sullivan is a qualified Infection Control Instructor.
- The Training room we use is a very big room. It has lots of natural ventilation. We monitor the Carbon dioxide levels. Natural ventilation is recommended by both the HSE and the WHO (World Health Organization).
- There is a maximum number of people on the course.
- Each person is allocated their own table and chair and will be kept at least 1 meter apart from each person. Tables will be wiped down several times during the day.
- Several doors are wedged back to avoid people having to handle door handles and latches.
- Mask wearing is compulsory, the mask/face covering must be the correct type of mask (FFP2/3 ply masks are the best), Masks with valves/face shields on their own are not acceptable. (face coverings must be worn correctly, while in the training room nose and mouth must be covered.)
- Given the current situation with Covid, No Tea/Coffee/Breakfast/Lunch is provided. We consider the risk of picking up the virus by indirect contact is too high at present.
- You are advised to bring your own refreshments with you and consume same in your car/van/outside area.
- If you have concerns, questions, or worries about the precautions we are taking or if you have any suggestions to give please send us an e-mail.