Book an Abrasive Wheel Course
Courses restart in mid September
Who is the course suitable for?
- Anybody who puts (mounts) abrasive wheels on angle grinders, con-saws, and chop saws.
- Users of bench grinders.
- Importance of training.
- General duties of employers and employees
- The Common law and The 2005 Act. (Health and Safety at work)
- Abrasive wheel regulations, (2016 Regulations)
- Examples of typical accidents (why training is required).
- Reasons why accidents occur, and how to avoid them.
- How to select an abrasive wheel.
- Blotters, expiry dates, the ring test and how to dress an abrasive wheel.
- What markings on abrasive wheels indicate.
- Why to, and how to measure spindle speeds.
- Current legal situation in Ireland.
- Types of PPE. (personal protective equipment)
- Safety checks.(pre use & post use)
- How & why to protect your lungs from dust
- Noise, and Vibration, and B.S. markings
What will you leave the course with?
You will leave with a good quality handbook. This handbook is yours to keep. It will be a useful reference for the future. You will also get a certificate for completing this abrasive wheel training. This abrasive wheel course is available online. That means you can complete part of it at home with a computer, or tablet. You can also attend classroom based courses.